- December 22, 2022
- by Kalam Kagaz
- Blog Writing, Content Writing
You finally sit down to create the draft for your blog after day-long procrastination, the coffee turns cold but your brain starts spiralling into ideas and theories for your blog. You finally get the perfect start to your blog but struggle with its ending. Aren’t these the most common problems we face while creating quality content?
Content creation is the art of producing ideas on various topics that hold the ability to appeal to a wide horizon of audiences. Content creation can be written or presented visually that revolves around accessing information from blogs, videos, infographics, and many more. Content creation can be named the endurance test of one’s creativity skills. It is an umbrella that constitutes content writing. Content creation is an integral part of Search Engine Optimization, also known as SEO. One can create content without any specific reference to a particular topic whereas content writing answers a specific question in order to solve a particular problem. The goal of content writing is to be informative and helpful for the readers.
Creating and maintaining the content quality are two different ballparks to play in. One requires at par creativity and the latter requires dedication. Maintenance of content requires to be ensured that the content is relevant, accurate, and updated in accordance with the standards of the organization or website where it is going to be published. An incorrect, out-of-date, generic content creates a negative impact on the credibility of the publishing organization or website. Many content writers find it cumbersome to maintain the content quality. In that case, one can always build a maintenance plan for their content. A maintenance plan consists of checking the accuracy and consistency of the information, functional and updated links, menu items, and other navigation items, creating on-point brand messages, updating the metadata, reorganizing old content, and removing the outdated content.
Brewing Lessons: Recipe to Exceptional Content Writing
- Sense of humor
- Research-backed content
- Personal experiences
Avoid Deceiving- Even half a teaspoonful of deception can turn the perfect brew into a potential poison. One should mention the fact if the content is being drawn from a personal experience instead of referring to factual data.
Enjoy the Process- If you enjoy the process of content creation, then your piece will have a personal touch along with a refined look. Add two teaspoonful of passion, a pinch of witty humor, half a bottle of research-backed content, and another half of personal experiences to brew the perfect content
Balance Is the Key- Balancing all these strong ingredients is the real deal. Only a skilled cook can master the art of balance. A cook can become a skilled cook if they continue brewing until they land into perfection.
Elemental Focus: Elements of Blog Writing
One of the primary formats of content creation, more so content writing is Blog writing. A blog is a website or webpage that is updated regularly. A blog is generally run by a small group or an individual. It can be written in a formal or informal style with a conversational tone. According to blogging statistics, approximately 409 million people visit more than 20 billion pages. One should pay close attention to the various essential elements of a blog in order to make it a successful read. These elements constitute headlines, content lead, subheadings, content body, graphics, Call-to-Action (CTA), internal links, meta description, SEO, and Focus on the audience. There are a few tips and tricks for keeping up with the race of creating quality blogs and pay attention to these elements.
1. Tantalizing Headline- As they say,” the first impression is the last impression”. The very first impression of your blog is the headline. In order to attract readers, a headline should be concise and clear enough about what your blog beholds ahead. It should make the reader curious enough to check the introduction paragraph of your blog at the least. You need to strike the right balance between the headline and the content body. If you are presenting great content, then you can add some smart wordplay to your headline. A tint of emotion in a headline works great at times too.
2. Long-lasting Lead- The lead or first few sentences should be able to make a strong impact on the reader’s mind. They should be captivating enough for the reader to check out the content ahead. Create an attractive build-up such that the readers will be interested to read ahead. Do not extend your build-up unnecessarily because the reader finds it tiring to follow after a point.
3. Subheadings– break the normal flow of the content and make it visually more appealing. They also help in better navigation to the important sections of the content for the readers and enhance Search Engine Optimization (SEO). Content without subheadings looks very monotonous such that it reduces the number of reads. Add subheadings wherever possible to make your content look organized and eye-catchy.
4.Informative Content Body- A content body is the most integral part of your content. Strong and informative content will bring the maximum amount of reads organically. Make sure you insert a sufficient amount of keywords into the article’s body so that your blog can climb up the organic rankings of search engines. But do not entirely rely on keywords for increasing traffic. Explain your topic and subtopics clearly and in a concise manner because Google’s algorithm has developed enough in a short time to understand the keyword tactics writers play.
5. Graphics- Adding great visuals in the form of graphics is a smart move to keep the reader interested. Representing your content in a pictorial way adds an interesting element to your blog. You can use different illustrations, color schemes, and many more techniques. Graphics help in promoting your blog on various platforms too.
6.Strong CTA- A blog looks incomplete with a Call-to-Action, also known as CTA. A CTA is a prompt that appears on a website telling the user to take a specified action. It is created in the form of a command or action style. You can use CTA for asking the readers to subscribe to your blog page, leave a comment, or make some kind of product purchase. This will help in increasing the page’s traffic and fetch you some exclusive contact information.
7.Internal Links- Adding internal links puts a positive effect on SEO by increasing the number of pages per visit and total time visitors stay on your site. Links are the most efficient method of free advertising. Make sure you add links that are relevant to your content and are captivating enough to draw a reader to open the link.
8.Meta Description- acts as a teaser to your blog. It is featured by a search engine on its search results. Your blog’s snippet should be strong and creative enough such that the reader cannot resist himself from opening the blog. A meta description is an HTML code, which means you can customize the code by using a plugin like Yoast with ease.
9.Recognize Seo- An article gives the writer a golden chance to optimize their content for keywords that one will not use normally for a static page on a site. SEO requires the writer to write in the interest of people. Search engines always push an informative article to the top. Do not hold yourself back from providing complete information related to a topic to the readers. Do your research carefully on keywords for SEO as it will help you a lot in the long run. Pay attention to adding the keywords as well as writing informative content.
10. Focus on Audience- The first and foremost step for writing a blog is to know your audience and their niche. Make data-driven decisions instead of merely guessing the audience’s wants and needs. Conduct industry-level research and analyse your competitors for reaching data-driven decisions. You can use various apps and tools such as MonsterInsights for conducting analysis. MonsterInsights is one of the best Google Analytics tools that is found to be beneficial for WordPress. It converts a complicated website data into simplistic reports and provides important insights into your audience. It also highlights the loopholes, provides dedicated reports, calculated average scroll depth to know how many visitors read the entire content, and shows which search items receive the maximum amount of clicks.