- December 22, 2022
- by Kalam Kagaz
- Blog Writing
Your Personal Manual on Blog Promotion
Creation and promotion are the two major domains that work hand in hand. A great creation will not reach the world if the promotion is not done properly. There are numerous efforts put behind promoting a blog, especially if it is a blog for a business. Promoting and marketing a blog can be a piece of work. However, it is not a mission impossible. Blog promotion requires reaching out to the target audience at the right time. Traffic can be generated through content aggregators, social media, social bookmarking, and reciprocal sharing sites.
Blog promotion tactics start right from the moment when you begin content curation. While curating the content, make sure you follow the SEO guidelines and keep the latest Google Algorithm in mind. There is a set of things you should pay close attention to while creating your blog page. Your blog page should load quickly and should not stretch on desktop and mobile. Do not forget to ensure that search spiders can find and crawl into your site to ensure the page is indexed and searchable.
3 Things to Keep in Mind While Working on Blog Promotion-
- Pre-Promotion Checklist- Make sure the content you wish to showcase to the world is not spammy and is eye-catching. Your blog should possess a strong selling point and a fresh perspective to look at things. Take time to consider whether you should hire a freelancer or not for creating blogs regularly because one may not be free enough for regular content creation. Visual creation always complements well with blog posts on social media. According to statistics, customers remember 65% of visual content better than 10% of written content.
- Blog Promotion Checklist- helps in keeping track of everything required in the promotion. It helps in better content management, organized marketing, and keeps you updated. It mostly depends on how you want to utilize your time for performing these activities. This phase-by-phase approach will make the entire execution process look less overwhelming.
- Build steps up to search results- Conduct proper research on search keywords and SEO for creating high-quality content. Blog optimization is always needed for keeping your content updated with the latest Google algorithm and to feature in search results.
Top Platforms for Promoting Blogs-
- Medium- is the topmost online publishing platform for blogs. The site receives around 100 million visitors per month. Blogs can be cross-published without altering the SEO. Medium itself promotes high-quality content blogs on its site.
- Instagram- is one of the most widely used social media platforms for promoting your business and blogs. Instagram receives over one billion users per month. There are various features such as stories, reels, guides that can be used for blog promotion. Additional features that unlock after attaining a certain amount of followers such as swipe-up and direct linking of Instagram account to the website are useful too. We will discuss tips and tricks for blog promotion on Instagram in detail as we go ahead.
- Facebook Groups- are the best way to reach maximum users. 1.4 billion people use Facebook groups and more than 10 million groups are active on Facebook. This makes Facebook the most popular social networking site in the world. These groups enable you to share and promote your blogs with a like-minded community. This increases the chance of attracting a good amount of traffic to your blog.
- Pocket- It is a social bookmarking site where users can save blogs, videos, and stories they are interested in. This feature helps in bringing direct and continuous traffic to your blog. It also helps in sharing the content with others. Hence, adding a pocket button to your blog will prove to be beneficial for traffic generation.
- Quuu Promote- It is a blog promotion tool that is designed for increasing traffic and blog posts engagement. You can promote a blog post by copy-pasting the URL, which will be shared on social media with people belonging to your niche. Quuu Promote reduces overall social media advertising costs. You can choose your target category for promoting your content to the right set of people.
- Pinterest- is a great place for promoting creative content. It has over 250 million people out of which 90% of users decide on making purchase decisions by looking at the content on the site.
Guide to Using Instagram for Blog Promotion
- Make use of stories- Maximum users interact the most with the Instagram stories feature. A click-worthy teaser of the blog should look aesthetic, have strong visuals, and Call to Action (CTA). You can use features like a countdown, Instagram music, GIFs, Swipe up, and many more for maximum engagement.
- Networking is a must- Networking with other bloggers helps in expanding your horizon and brings in more growth. This helps in building a like-minded community and increases traffic. You can reach out to influencers, brands, and companies belonging to the same interest of work as yours for collaboration opportunities and partnerships.
- Vivid Visuals- Instagram is more of a visual platform. Uploading aesthetic and high-quality pictures and videos increase traffic many folds. Make sure the visuals you upload are related to the blog that you are promoting.
- Give a sneak peek- Posting few interesting excerpts of your blog on Instagram creates suspense and drags viewers to your blog. Make sure your sneak peek is interesting enough to raise curiosity in viewers.
- Create captivating captions- Captions are an integral part of any post. Writing concise and creative captions is necessary to bring more clarity to your post and increase interest among the viewers. Use engaging hashtags for bringing more traffic and make sure you have a strong Call to Action.
Guide to Using Facebook Groups for Blog Promotion
- Boost your post- Boosted posts help in promoting your content. You can set a budget, choose the preferred audience, and go for “Boost Post”. The best time for boosting your post is an hour after posting the original blog.
- A/B tests- Creating Facebook ad A/B test helps in comparing the results of multiple ad versions and optimizing the campaign. You can test multiple ad headlines, ad images, two or more description texts, link descriptions, target audiences, and ad placements.
- Find your target audience- A long-term campaign needs you to target the audience and use the “Saved Audience” feature. Target audiences are shortlisted based on their interests, location, age, gender, relationship status, purchase behaviours, and education level.
- Utilize Custom Audience feature- You will need to install Facebook Pixel for targeting audiences who visit your blog or web pages. You can target people who have visited your domain, specific web pages, and those who have not visited your website for a specific period.
Guide to Using Emails for Blog Promotion
Email is a powerful promotion tool for any budding business or creative initiative. It brings the creator and the readers together in a matter of just a few clicks. You can build a CTA asking to subscribe to your blog for the ones who will be interested in reading your new posts. This way you can convert your readers into subscribers and eventually into paying customers in the long run. You can use an email signature to put on a great first impression. You can also reach out to people mentioned or quote them in your content. This helps in increasing your brand awareness, networking, and ultimately in the promotion.
You can use these tips to acquire more email subscribers-
- Your offer should be attractive
- Make your email address easy enough for the readers to use
- Minimize the number of clicks for subscription
- You can make use of QR codes
- Redirect your blog to a thank-you page for more engagement
- Subject lines of your email can be crafted like tweets
- Work on maximizing your email preview
Quick Tips Corner
- Make your content flexible– This will help you to re-purpose and re-imagine your content into other content forms. You can convert your blog post into a YouTube video, a podcast, a SlideShare presentation, or even an infographic. This will extensively enhance your blog traffic.
- Building links to your site is helpful- Link-building helps in promoting your blog on various platforms. It is a sure-shot way of reaching out to a myriad of potential audiences.
- UTM link for tracking marketing campaigns- UTM link or Urchin Tracking Module is a simple code attached to any type of URL. This helps in generating Google Analytics for digital campaigns. Google Analytics provides detailed information and statistics about your users and which search engine is bringing more traffic to your blog. You can use a custom link management tool or a URL shortener for tracking your links.
- Give importance to Quora- Quora is known for its maximum engagement quality. You can answer questions belonging to your niche and promote your blog. Make sure you do not post a spammy and low-quality content because Quora pushes spammy content to the bottom.
- Keep subreddits active- Reddit is gaining popularity as a social media at a fast rate. Subreddits on Reddit are a great space for sharing and gaining knowledge on a variety of topics. Hence, subreddits can help in increasing your blog’s presence and builds influence.
- Flipboard-Flip- Flipboard is a social networking site that helps in aggregating web news and stores for the readers. It allows bloggers to enable the readers to read their blog’s content directly from this platform.
- Heat maps- are an efficient visual way for data collection and turning them into insights for improving user experience. It also shows which features are mostly engaged with by the users and ranks them accordingly by using a color variation from ‘hot’ to ‘cold’. The depicted data entails pages being clicked on, exit options used, scrolling areas, the content type most looked for, and so on.
- Leverage SEO tools- This helps in auditing and monitoring the performance of a website. These tools analyze the performance of your website and optimize it for both users and search engines.
- Build a website- Websites can help in making your blog feature a prominent space. Subscription CTA always works the best for luring in subscribers. A website makes your work look more authentic and professional. It definitely impresses any viewer at the first sight itself.
To Sum It Up
Blogs are a highly crucial part of any e-commerce, be it a small-scale or large-scale business. It single-handedly satisfies numerous needs of the customers. Advanced technology and increasing social media engagement have opened a variety of options for promoting a well-written blog. You can incorporate the mentioned ways and use them for generating traffic and ultimately for boosting your business.